Due to the interest of my post The Other 21st Skills, I decided to discuss individually each of the skills or dispositions I proposed that are in addition to the seven survival skills as identified by Tony Wagner.
This post focuses on Grit:
Angela Duckworth developed a scale to measure Grit found at https://sasupenn.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_06f6QSOS2pZW9qR
Some of characteristics or dispositions of Grit include:
- Perseverance and Tenacity
- Deliberate Practice
- Ability to Delay Gratification
- Passion-Driven Focus
- Self Control and Self Discipline
- Long Term Goal-Oriented
- Stick-to-it-ness Under Difficult Conditions
- Consistency of Effort
So how can Grit be taught or facilitated?
- Awareness of grit can be brought more into conscious by first, teaching learners about grit and then by helping them reflect on their degree and level of grit. This can occur through discussions, writing or journaling, or through…
View original post 737 more words