This post will be looking at the word TABLE and how we can use it every day.
Let’s start with Table the noun….furniture with 4 legs with a top that we eat on.
Here are a few common collocations:
- The dinner table: where you have dinner with the family
- A night table: found next to your bed
- A coffee table: found in the living room
- A roundtable: meeting at which people discuss something & have equal say.
- Table manners: behavior you have when eating at the table
I was talking about chores for kids with a learner this week & three verbs came up. We perform these actions every day & kids can do them too.
- To set the table: to place plates, cutlery, glasses & napkins on a table before a meal
- To clear the table: to remove the dishes from the table after a…
View original post 233 more words